Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weird Question

I have neighbour who was doing textile business from home.  Every time my neighbour interacted with my friends at some point of time I have seen people asking her a question,
"How do you spend your time"?
By the way let me tell you she had been an employed woman till September 2010.  After leaving her job I started textile business.  Now she is successful.
So back to the question.  She replies them with a smiling face that she does my houshold courses, shop for her business, watch TV, and most of all read a lot.  And amazingly she always gives the same reply to all of them and most of them give the same reply to her back too. Saying,

"True, you have to keep yourself engaged na".
But sometimes she simply tells them that she spends her time just like everybody else do.  Nothing special.  One day I told my neighbour that she was very lucky to have such people around her who care for he so much.  To this she simply smiled and said that she was lucky alright.  She sounded very funny.

Then suddenly I realised the hidden meaning behind those questions!!

What a shame and pity on our society??
They ask these questions to her because she did not have a husband.  She was a WIDOW.

Oh no!!

What does that mean?
The women in our society does not have anything at all if they don't have a husband?
I never knew I was shocked by this realisation of surprised.  I guess a little of both.
Woman was cooking when my husband was alive, and she cooks even after she looses her husband.
May be for 1 less person.
She was washing clothes earlier and she washes them now also, again clothes of 1 person is less.
She was cleaning and moping my house earlier.  She does it now also.  The house size does not become big or small by the death of a household member.
Then WHY is our society so stupid in their mind set?
What are they trying to convey?
At the end of the day, they are trying to be sympathetic towards, but are they really??

No comments:

Post a Comment