Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother

A man lived in a city and his mother lived in a village that was about 200 kilometers away from his place.
It was mothers day.  The  man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be delivered to his mother who lived two hundred miles away.   As he got out of his car he saw a young girl sitting on the the small wall,  sobbing.
He asked her what was wrong and why she was crying.
The little girl replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother.  But I do not have enough money to buy."
The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I'll buy you a rose."
He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother's flowers.
As they were leaving he asked the girl if he can drop her home.
The girl said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother."
She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.
The man was so shocked that he could not talk for a moment.
He became thoughtful.  He returned to the flower shop, and canceled the order for flower delivery.  He picked up the bunch of flowers and drove the two hundred miles to his mother's house.

Physical presence is more than the delivered gifts.

2 comments:

  1. I want to Go to my home now............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a job in your home town and go off!! My best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete